- provides that Australian landholders have the right to refuse the undertaking of gas and coal mining activities by corporations on their land without prior written authorisation;
- sets out the requirements of a prior written authorisation;
- provides for relief which a court may grant a land owner when prior written authorisation is not provided;
- prohibits hydraulic fracturing for coal seam gas, shale gas and tight gas by corporations;
- and provides for civil penalties.
Senate Inquiry into Landholders’ Right to Refuse (Gas and Coal) Bill 2015
Bill proposed by Greens Senator Larissa Waters:This